Monday, May 11, 2009

What is social networking and why is it so important?

This is a recent question posed to me. I thought it was an odd question as I thought everyone knew what it was and why we needed it. I am going to try and give why I think it is important which is what helped this person understand.

First let me give a what. What is social networking? Social networking is the ability to use your skills of seduction (remember what I said this meant, if you are new look at my first couple posts) and attraction to bring people who are like minded into your immediate circle of friends. Now this can be used for multiple reasons.

1) You can bring someone into your circle for the purpose of business. These people can either be people you want to work with in your company or in a certain field. Or this can be someone who inspires you, someone in a position that you aspire to be in or has come from somewhere similar to where you are now and where you are trying to go.

2) Another reason would be for social proof. Those of us in the seduction community know the meaning of this, but for those who don't, having social proof is having the people around you acknowledge you as having high social status because of either the amount or quality of friends in which you have. Now for me on this one it is not the quantity of people you bring into your social circle but rather the quality. Here's an example: When I go into the club the first thing I always do in a new establishment is make friends with bartenders, bouncers and door people.

Why? Because in a bar they are in fact the high value people. They can point you in the direction of the business owners and the people you want to meet. A close personal friend of mine is the VIP bartender at a local club. If someone comes in that she feels would be great for me to meet she will call me and put me on the list and ensure that I meet these people. This is why I say it is important.

3) This is the final but applies to both. You bring them into your circle because you enjoy their company. This seems obvious but people overlook it. I don't care how high-value a person is, if I don't enjoy their company or they are rude or whatever I will not invite them into my circle. Remember this is your circle and it is a privilege to be your friend.

Now I want to point out one thing. When I talk about high-value. That is whatever is high-value to you, because the people I see as having high-value may not add anything to where you are trying to go in life.

The first thing I suggest before starting what I call a "social circle blitz" is to find out what is important to you, where you are trying to go in life and then find people who will assist you and encourage you in that life.

Now I know this may sound like you are using people. In no way do I want it to sound like that. Listen, these are first and foremost your friends make sure you get along. But the fact of the matter is that as humans in a society we are symbiotic beings. We need each other to survive. So why not surround yourself with people who uplift and inspire you to be better while at the same time you bring something equally important to their lives.

Soon I will be posting more on this subject as I feel it is of vital importance I just wanted to put this out there.

One last thing there are MANY other reasons to socially network, My intentions here was two fold;

1) To start posting on a subject I felt was of the utmost importance.

2) To list what I feel to be the main reasons why to socially network.

No comments:

Post a Comment