Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why is Being Socially Intelligent is so Important?

Believe it or not this question has been asked to me on more then one occasion. Usually followed by "We have so many methods to teach us what to say and how to act why can't we just do that?" Here is my answer to that.

We have all these systems that have all these very totalitarian and dogmatic rules. You have to do this, you have to do that. And what I have come to find out is that NOTHING is all the time. There are things in which you never do, but in all my time I have never ever seen anything be 100% of the time. The rules we set forth are only guidelines. I will give two examples in which there are multiple ways to handle a situation and social intelligence helps decide the best course of action.

The first is the rule in the community that you never buy a woman a drink. Now I completely understand that this rule was set forth to protect the men who are not socially intelligent from women who go out with the soul purpose of flirting with guys to drink for free all night ( I do understand that there are guys who do the same but it is less prevalent then with women). Now I believe as a basic guideline to learn from this is a great rule. I also believe that in the seduction community this has been blown completely out of proportion. True, if a woman is asking you to buy her a drink within the first 2 minutes of a conversation then don't, or even better yet LEAVE. But if you have been chatting it up for 15+ minutes and you are about to order yourself a new drink and you feel the interaction is going good then why not. There are a few techniques that I know but I will save that for another post.

Another example would be what happened to me the other night. I was talking to these three girls who were just friends of mine and I guess these two guys wanted to talk to them. Which was none of my concern but they came up and tried to AMOG me(Alpha Male Of Group or in other words in this case try to assert their dominance by bad mouthing me because of my career choice). Now the most common way to deal with AMOG's is to go at a battle of wits with them and prove I am more high-value then they are. But what I chose to do and an option in which I had to learn for myself was to invite them in and have fun with letting them make fools of themselves until the girls finally kicked them out of the group.

Being socially intelligent is really the core to being successful in any form of seduction from pickup to politics.

Now if you are completely new I do suggest that you get a base, a foundation to stand on first. Then once you start to get better and have some success go out and have fun with some of these rules. Start experimenting on what works with you and your personality so you can make your "game" more natural and not forced and robotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment